Sustainable Practices to foster Sustainable Development
We don’t have to engage in grand, heroic actions to participate in the process of change. Small acts when multiplied by million of people can transform the world. ………………….Howard zinn.
List of practices.
For Home –
- Switch off unnecessary lights
- Segregate your dry and wet waste
- Responsible consumption of food (cook what you require)
- Develop organic kitchen garden ( be it roof top , balcony and
- Develop proper ventilation in home for healthy environment and energy conservation
- Re-use waste water from water purifier and kitchen
- Use water discarded from Air-conditioners
- Reduce plastic products
- Try to engage in outdoor activities instead of excess use of mobile and television
For Fresh Air
- Plant tulsi basil as much as possible
For Outdoor activities
- Carry foldable cloth bag every time to reduce use of plastic carry bags.
- Try to have shared taxi or car poolling
- Try to use public transport instead of personal vehicle
- Prepare shopping list well in advance to avoid unnecessary waste of energy.
- Be responsible while using horn to prevent noise pollution
- Always carry personal water bottle to avoid purchasing of packaged water.
- For short distances try to take a walk instead of vehicle to keep yourself and environment healthy
- Carry your waste pouch to avoid littering in public places or open area.
We too must be practicing sustainability in your life, do share and inspire others-